Are you a looking to connect with other Catholic young people?
St. Albert the Great recognizes the importance of providing preteens and teens with the support they need.
The Youth Ministry of our parish offers a safe, friendly environment for youth in grades 6 and up to meet other teens, have fun, and develop a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
The goals of the Youth Ministry of our parish are:
- To promote spiritual and personal growth of the youth, by providing them with the guidance and support to develop a personal relationship with God through prayer, sharing, reflection, and reading of the Scriptures.
- To provide a welcoming and inviting atmosphere for the youth; to make them feel part of the community of faith, by providing a friendly environment that values young people, their ideas; and that responds to their needs.
- To encourage the engagement and active participation of the youth in the life of the faith community by providing them with spaces and opportunities for their action.
- To promote the active participation of parents in the youth ministry through different activities at home and/or at the parish.
- To facilitate a support system for youth through group meetings and mentoring programs, where they can receive support to help them integrate the faith component to their daily lives.
- To form new leaders that can become mentors of other youth groups and/or active members of related ministries within the community.
Youth Group will meet Friday nights from 6:30 – 8:30 PM in the church basement.
Parents must fill out our Parent Permission Form before teens/preteens can attend an activity.
We have wrapped up for the summer.
See you in the fall!
For more information, please contact the Parish Office at 403 257 6054 .