The Youth Ministry is back!
The Youth Group is back at St. Albert the Great Parish!
The Youth Ministry of our parish offers a safe, friendly environment for youth in grades 6 and up to meet other teens, have fun, and develop a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
The goals of the Youth Ministry of our parish are:
- To promote spiritual and personal growth of the youth, by providing them with the guidance and support to develop a personal relationship with God through prayer, sharing, reflection, and reading of the Scriptures.
- To provide a welcoming and inviting atmosphere for the youth; to make them feel part of the community of faith, by providing a friendly environment that values young people, their ideas; and that responds to their needs.
- To encourage the engagement and active participation of the youth in the life of the faith community by providing them with spaces and opportunities for their action.
- To promote the active participation of parents in the youth ministry through different activities at home and/or at the parish.
- To facilitate a support system for youth through group meetings and mentoring programs, where they can receive support to help them integrate the faith component to their daily lives.
- To form new leaders that can become mentors of other youth groups and/or active members of related ministries within the community.
Youth Group will meet Friday nights from 6:30 – 8:30 PM in the church basement. Children will meet every 2nd Friday and the Youth Leaders will meet the other Fridays to learn about discipleship and for planning.
Here is our schedule for the next few months:
Jan 13 – Youth Leaders only
Jan 20 – All kids
Jan 27 – Youth Leaders only
Feb 3 – All kids
Feb 10 – Youth Leaders only
Feb 17 – No Youth Group-Family Day Weekend
Feb 24 – All kids
For more information, please contact the Parish Office at 403 257 6054 .